Everyone of us had the situation when we were running late to the meeting, finishing final make touches and suddenly mascara smudged, or your blush landed on the wrong place just before you need to run out of the door…
In today’s article lets talk about 10 beauty tips and quick beauty fixes that you can use to rescue your beauty meltdowns:
1) If you’ve applied too much blush and you don’t have time to wash it off and do your makeup all over again, take a clean blush brush, deep it into your fixing (or translucent) powder and go over your cheeks till you tone down the bright color on your cheeks. If you used a cream blush, blend your moisturizer with foundation on the back of your hand and blend it lightly onto your cheeks, like this you will calm down the bright cheek color.
2) If you look in the mirror and notice that your foundation became cakey, try this: lightly spray your face with water and then smooth out everything with a damp sponge, blending very well all the edges.
3) To make your lipstick last longer, first line your lips with the lip pencil of the same color as your lipstick, then apply your lipstick and blot it down with paper and, finally, powder your lips. Repeat one more time all the steps and you will get “bullet proof” lip color that will last you through the 3 course dinner!
4) When your mascara smudged at the wrong moment (when you are in a hurry or late for the meeting) here is the fix: dip a flat q-tip into your moisturizer and gently remove the smudge off your face. Use the other side of the q-tip to smooth out the area.
5) Lip gloss is a wonderful beauty invention that can make your lips look juicy and very attractive! But lip glosses usually don’t have a long staying power. To prolong the juicy shine of your lip gloss on your lips try this: first apply a soft lip pencil of the same color as your lips, blend it well with your finger, and then only apply your lip gloss on top of it. The waxy texture of the lip pencil will help keep your lip gloss on your lips for longer. Who doesn’t love glossy and shiny lips?!
6) Your mascara got clumpy? No worries! Submerge your tightly closed tube of mascara into a glass of hot water (not boiling hot, just hot water) for couple of minutes. When you take it out (make sure you don’t burn your fingers!), you’ll see how your mascara softened and it won’t clump any more!
7) If your creamy eye shadow tends to crease, but you love it’s color and still want to use it, try this: after you’ve applied your cream eye shadow, lightly brush some translucent powder on top of it, it will help keep the shadow at place, working on the same principle of “fixer”, just as it does when you fix your foundation with translucent powder.
8) If your eyeliner tends to smudge (it’s especially relevant for girls with oily skin), try this tip: after you’ve applied your liquid or gel liner, go over it with a powder eye shadow of matching color (if you use black eyeliner – use black eye shadow). The eye shadow will seal the eyeliner, so that it will last longer without smudging.
9) Here is a great tip for a night out: if your lipstick looks flat and too matte, here is how you can “spice it up”: you can apply a lip gloss just at the center of your lips or you can apply a shimmery eye shadow at the center of your lips instead. Applying shiny eye shadow on top of your lipstick will make your lips look fuller and the powdery texture of an eye shadow will also significantly prolong the wear time.
10) If your lip gloss tends to slip off your lips in half an hour, try to mix your lip gloss with your lipstick on the back of your hand and then apply it on your lips using your finger or a lip brush, like this your lip color and shine will last longer.
I hope you found it useful. What are your favorite quick beauty fixers? Please, share your thoughts and ideas on the comment’s section below.
- Makeup Tips for this Monsoon…. (thestylishbitch.com)
- Very Cheap Makeup is at ELF! (cheapmakeupsnob.wordpress.com)
- Makeup tips for beginners – my own experiences (beautylacedlips.wordpress.com)
- Summer Makeup Tips For Oily Skin (poshlooks.wordpress.com)
- Would You Rather… (producthoochie.wordpress.com)
- Makeup For The Bronze Goddess (thecitizensoffashion.com)
- Review of 7 Bipa products (shadowdaleraven.wordpress.com)